Free stickman FPS

Started by
6 comments, last by Frostyeel 17 years, 4 months ago
I have a little online FPS with stickmen as characters... Could anyone please give me some feedback? http://stickman.extra.hu (dont worry, english page)
-----------------------------------"After you finish the first 90% of a project, you have to finish the other 90%." - Michael Abrashstickman.hu <=my game (please tell me your opinion about it)
Advertisement
Make their heads bigger. Make their heads pop off and spurt blood when they are killed by a head-shot.
it lagged for me. If your game is 100% server side, add in some bots when no real players are playing. Also the textures are an eye sore. Good work though, MMO's are challenge.
Well, hehhe, it is 100% client side :D
But its a secret, because there is no security in it, and P2P is extremely insecure.
The game is still in development, so textures and stuff will be added.
The "server" ( a NAT introducer) is online when I turn my home computer on, that means 14:00-21:00 GMT time. Thisis because only me and my classmates are playing with it, but I'm working hard to advertise it.
Oh, and I made it in one month. I dint have time for fancy textures...
-----------------------------------"After you finish the first 90% of a project, you have to finish the other 90%." - Michael Abrashstickman.hu <=my game (please tell me your opinion about it)
And making bots is hard stuff...
Quote:Original post by Gagyi
And making bots is hard stuff...
if it's server side one can just make dumb bots that shoot randomly and run at a target in range. Also nothing has to be changed on the client, just make fake players. But since it's P2P that is a tad different. Good luck. For some reason I can't hear the gun shot sound. It might be bugged.
Because it has to be connected to the server...
Hehhe, the program sends a "shoot" message to itself, and the receives it and make sound, particles, etc.
No server, no shooting :D
BTW, I added grass. Pretty nice looking...
Seems like a good start. I would suggest making it so you can move forwards/backwards and sideways at the same time. It felt really weird not being able to do that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement