Looking for names of magazines with CDs

Started by
23 comments, last by Jester101 22 years, 9 months ago
Are you planning on any localization work, Jester? It seems like you could easily double your sales by translating to Japanese and Korean (for a game that actually needed translation). Or is English enough of a presence in these countries that it doesn''t really matter?

I''ve heard that Battle.Net Korea is one of the most active Diablo servers and that Diablo 2 sold over 1 million units in Korea alone! That kind of data makes me think shareware developers are missing the boat if they release a game solely in English.
Advertisement
Well, this is a point.
Unfortunately:
1. I cannot speak korean or japanese. That means I do not know of any korean/japanese download sites, etc. and I can''t list them there.
2. I cannot translate it myself and it won''t pay to translate it commercially.
3. I am not giving the sourcecode away for free (if ever)

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

UK PC mags won''t put the full game on because of the agreement but they willput the limited shareware version on, well I know PCGamer UK does that. Might get you a few more sales.
Hey Jester - again. I used your email on your website, but the pics/midis I designed bounced - and there''s another problem...my father "kindly" got me a new computer WORSE than my old one and reformatted my old one, killing the files. I can get in touch with some US magazine editors and see if they''ll put the shareware version of your game on it. You want me to?

Cheers
Ed
http://edropple.com
You can use my other e-mail adress:
NielsBauer@gmx.co.uk

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement