Problem with back surfaces

Started by
1 comment, last by Nullio 23 years, 1 month ago
I seem to be having a small problem with blitting to my back surface. I set a a dual surface so I can have nice joyfully smooth animation. But my problem is that when I blit to the backsurface then call while (FAILED(lpDDSurfacePrimary->Flip(NULL, DDFLIP_WAIT))); it doesn''t show anything, but when I change the blit to blit to the Primary surface it works!, I''m just using a quick memory fill to test this so I dont have any bliting errors and I check to make sure the lpDDBackSurface != NULL. any idea''s at what could be wrong? I''m stuped
Advertisement
Could you post your primary (and back) surface creation code ? I think the problem is here. The back buffer is perhaps not "linked" to the primary surface which therefore cannot flip.
Ok here is the code I''m useing to create the surfaces

DDSURFACEDESC2 ddSurfaceDesc;	//Surface Descriptionmemset(&ddSurfaceDesc,0,sizeof(ddSurfaceDesc));	ddSurfaceDesc.dwSize = sizeof(ddSurfaceDesc);	ddSurfaceDesc.dwFlags = DDSD_CAPS | DDSD_BACKBUFFERCOUNT;	// we need to let dd know that we want a complex 	// flippable surface structure, set flags for that	ddSurfaceDesc.dwBackBufferCount = 1;	ddSurfaceDesc.ddsCaps.dwCaps = DDSCAPS_PRIMARYSURFACE | DDSCAPS_COMPLEX | DDSCAPS_FLIP;	// set the backbuffer count to 1, 2 for triple bufferin	// create the primary surface	if (FAILED(lpMainDD->CreateSurface(&ddSurfaceDesc,&lpDDSurfacePrimary,NULL)))		return -1;	ddSurfaceDesc.ddsCaps.dwCaps = DDSCAPS_BACKBUFFER;	if (FAILED(lpDDSurfacePrimary->GetAttachedSurface(&ddSurfaceDesc.ddsCaps,&lpDDBackSurface)))		return -1;  

I can''t seem to find the problem, hope you can!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement