full screen console apps in standard c++

Started by
4 comments, last by RichardoX 17 years, 4 months ago
the subject talked. I worked and compiled programs in code::blocks. These .exe's do not have full screen modes in them! how do i get them to work full screen?even properties of these exe's do not have full screen modes in them. (right click -> properties). what do i do to enable full screen?
Advertisement
Press Alt+Enter? There is a way to do it programatically, but I haven't found it. I'll continue hunting...

EDIT: I can't find any documented way of doing it, but some programs manage it, so there must be a way…

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

come on guys, help me out!! i am a fish out of water! I gotto know how to make my apps all fullscreen...
Quick google search pulled up this:
   HWND hwndConsole = NULL;   hwndConsole = FindWindow(NULL, "Test.exe");   if(NULL != hwndConsole)   {      SetForegroundWindow(hwndConsole);      ShowWindow(hwndConsole, SW_MAXIMIZE);   }

How To Activate a Full Screen MS-DOS or Console Application
Thanks for googling it, but it didn't work. I have code::blocks having the standard c++ library... Maybe what you gave me works only for Visual c++...
Short answer: you can't do that.

Longer answer: You can't do that with the C++ standard libraries. But you can do it using a library of some kind. The example above was made using the Windows API. You could also use pdcurses or other curses libraries for windows. Using a library might force you to use non-standard I/O (no more std::cout).

-Riku

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement