New to C++ and need some help with assignment for school

Started by
11 comments, last by Jettoz 17 years, 4 months ago
Regardless it's still against rules for Homework related questions, I don't see any expections under rule 9, it's pretty clear. Don't take this the wrong way or anything, if you're at a school and you have trouble with a C++ question ask your teachers it's their job to teach so they should have no trouble helping you. If you don't ask for help from your teachers when you have a problem with any question you wont make learning C++ any easier for yourself.

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/showfaq.asp?forum_id=31

"Do not ask homework related questions. The Gamedev.net members are not here to answer your homework questions, its against the forum rules and few people take kindly to it. Besides, we shouldn't need to tell you that figuring it out for yourself will be way more beneficial to you in the long run. Still not sure how to get your question across? Then read this http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html."
____________________VB/C++/C# Programmer
Advertisement
Erze - in future to avoid political issues, phrase future questions without using the words "school" or "homework". Start off with "I'm trying to learn c++ and have an exercise" or similar I guess. I've seen plenty of those.

As far as I'm concerned if it bothered one of the staff or moderators they would have waded in already. I've certainly seen homework threads that deserve to be closed - personally I don't have a problem with this one - seems others do though.

Erze, as someone with a base rating and this being your first post, I'm sure like most people you didn't read the manual / FAQs (which come in handy for telling you tags to format source code by the way) before posting.

What I don't want to see is new blood being chased off the site for asking what seems to me as quite an intelligent question.
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
Not to be judgmental but I have seen this personally and people will sleep in programming class, do absolutely nothing and go around online asking for homework help to pass their course. I'm not saying the original poster is doing this but if you can stretch the rule for him that means to be fair everyone should be allowed to post Homework help. Bending the rules is fine, as long as you bend them for everyone else who comes along.
____________________VB/C++/C# Programmer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement