I'm so interested in pirate stories...

Started by
4 comments, last by sigmaent 17 years, 3 months ago
Yea... but I just played games about pirates and saw movie Pirates of Carribean... and blah blah... that's all so I don't have much knowledge about pirates. Anyways... Here's the story... I have in mind... It started with a bang of knocks on the door of a prof. Callaway on a Dark and Stormy Night. When he opened the door, there was an one-eyed man with a dirty look, all wet stood and he rushed into the house, and closed the door as quick as possible. He said Jim reminds him his father and just hand over a envelope with saying keep it in safe place and never look in the night time. Also this one-eyed man said to Jim "If you want to have your father's treasures, then meet me on the dock a week later", then he hurried get out of the house. Next mornng, he opened the envelope and found a letter, a medallion and a map that seemed so weird. The letter was from his father known as a trade-ship crew disappeared 7 years ago, and this letter saying he truly was a captain of a group of pirates and in his last voyage, he had been betrayed and chased to death by his crews. Just before he died, he wrote this letter and leave it to his most trusted man. For this Jim decided to have his father's treasure and take on a voyage with one-eyed man called Clock the One Eye. I like this story and like to finish this, but.... my short knowledge limits my imagination... Do you have any books to recommend about pirates stories or any infos? and for the last.... I'm not an native in Englsh so... there must be lots of wrong expressions or... you know. so I hope all of you understand me, please.
Advertisement
Uhhhhh...
That plot does sound a lot like Treasure Island. If you like pirate stories I suggest sticking around for a week or two. I've been working on a pirate story for a game and once I have it finished I'll post it here.
TKE Super Dave
Thanks for your replies and yea... for TKE Super Dave, I'm so eager to see the story soon...
Well, it is somewhat more a comical, and humourous pirate series, but have you played anything from the Monkey Island series?

Also, if there are translations for your native tounge (be then licensed or fansubs), you could check out One Piece (trust me, the fansubs are better than most of the licensed versions)
[ Six Hour Game Contest | ( Thread | Blog | Wiki | 6hour Bio ) ][ Website | (Blog | Gallery ) ]
Quote:Do you have any books to recommend about pirates stories or any infos?

I have read some interesting books about Pirates and that particular era, I can recommend the following books:

Treasure Island (a classic really, and very similar to what you wrote above)

Pirate Soul (extensive book about Pirates from 1690 to 1740, or something. It has a lot of facts but yet very entertaining and engaging)

The Pirate Hunter (about Captain Kidd and the story behind the legendary pirate)

The Pirate Dictionary (if you want the right pirate terms in your story you would probably need this book)

Nathaniels Nutmeg (more about spice trading than piracy, but it is about seafaring and a pretty interesting read)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement