Sign in to follow this  
password

graph maker

I'm looking for a graph making program which can handle second grade equations, preferably a web version so I can save the graph and use it in my math report. I found some graph makers when I searched around, but no one that suited my needs unfortunately. Appreciate any help, currently stuck in my report due to this problem.. :)

Assuming by "second grade" you mean second degree (i.e. quadratic) equations, basically everything out there ought to be able to handle it. You say nothing "suited your needs"; could you be a little more specific?

(Also, I don't see why "a web version" would make a difference. All you need is the ability for the program to save an image of the graph instead of just displaying it. And in the worst case, you could just take a screenshot :s)

Of course, what I meant by that is that I can only find graph makers capable of showing graphs based on values. You put in 4-5 different x,y values and they show a linear graph of it. I don't want to make a linear graph obviously.

Quote:

(Also, I don't see why "a web version" would make a difference. All you need is the ability for the program to save an image of the graph instead of just displaying it. And in the worst case, you could just take a screenshot :s)

The problem is that they never include that functionality. Well, I can always use print screen, but the other reason I want a web version is because I can't install any applications here at school unless it's an app that doesn't require you to install it (an exe file ready to use). To put it simply, do you know any applications that can show second grade equations?

Tell your network admin to install Maple or something :p

edit:
The calculator called "maths online function plotter" on this site seems to work. (It was a bit tricky on the ^ sign, so I had to type that in my console and copy/paste)