Sign in to follow this  
meo

[web] Activex control does not load on Windows 2003 server

meo    122
hi Having a problem here thats driving me crazy. I am using an activex control in a vbscript web page that won't load when opening the page in iexplorer 6 on a windows 2003 server. It is a standard version of 2003 server and i want to use this page local on the server itself without a client. The control i am using is mscomctl.ocx. Every time when i try to open the web page i get the same message: When i click yes the page continuous with a script error, so appartently the activex control gets installed in the \windos\system32 dir but is not loaded for displaying the content of the page. I tryed several things but none havent worked so far: -uninstal Enhanced Security Configuration -lower all security settings in inexplorer -register the control manuely with regsvr32.exe Am i doing something wrong ? Can anyone give me some other ideas ? This seems to work flawlessly on Windows XP and 2000. This is the code of the webpage script:
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>TEST</TITLE>
<HTA:APPLICATION windowstate="maximize">
<style TYPE="text/css">
BODY {font-family:Arial}
</style>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
<!--
Option Explicit

-->
</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<BODY style="background=ivory;">

<OBJECT ID="TV" CLASSID="clsid:C74190B6-8589-11D1-B16A-00C0F0283628" WIDTH=550 HEIGHT=350
  style="font-size:11;"
CODEBASE="http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6/mscomctl.cab"
>
  <param name="Linestyle" value="0">
  <param name="LabelEdit" value="1">
  <param name="style" value="7">
  <param name="Appearance" value="1">
</OBJECT>

</BODY>
</SCRIPT>
</HTML>

meo    122
Sounds like the ActiveX changes are hitting this code (this will happen after installing the IE ActiveX update from April of this year, when running the code in the "Local Computer" zone - the control activation is being blocked by the shell).

I am still trying using a workaround as provided by this link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....ing_activex.asp