Sign in to follow this  

A question on 3d with isometric view

This topic is 4020 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been playing around with trying to get a true isometric view using opengl. I did a little research on it and ended up using what wikipedia had said on the subject:
Quote:
For objects with surfaces that are substantially perpendicular to and/or parallel with one another, it corresponds to rotation of the object or camera by approximately +/- 35.264° [= arcsin(tan(30°))] about the horizontal axis, followed by rotation of +/- 45° about the vertical axis starting from an orthographic projection relative to an object's face (a perpendicular view to a face of an object).
So I did exactly that and made 3 faces of a cube(the front, top, and left) after rotating exaclty as it said there. What I got was this. While I wanted something similar to this Am I just doing it wrong, or am I completely forgetting about something.

This topic is 4020 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.