Started by
18 comments, last by GameDev.net 17 years, 3 months ago
Quote:Original post by Tesl
Quote:Original post by Zahlman
Reading comprehension failed. :s

Reading comprehension failed :P:P

Irony :D
Advertisement
Great game man! I'm not much for text adventures, except once in a while, but this one was good! It beats the crap out of my first game, which I'm trying to post on my FreeWebs site. Keep up the good work.
Poor little kittens, they've lost their mittens!And now you all must die!Mew mew mew, mew mew mew mew!And now you all must die!-Pete Abrams
Awsome game. I started learning c++ when i was 14 also. I made a text based game rpg just like you did, exept that yours seems wayy better. Right now im 15 and i just started directx programming about 5 months ago. Right now im working on a top down based airplane game using direct3d and c++. The game should be completed in febrary.

Oh, and if you want to start directx programming, visit www.directtutorial.com
PurpleBoxMobile.com My mobile app publishing startup
I started C++ at 18. Now I'm 19. I'm just a late bloomer :(

I'm using Allegro for graphics, not directx.
Poor little kittens, they've lost their mittens!And now you all must die!Mew mew mew, mew mew mew mew!And now you all must die!-Pete Abrams
Thanks, and I really did ospend a lot of time, making that too. The code isn't that great, well I used some of Rasm's Wrath Lands code for some part of the game.

Like some classes are from his design, like how he implemented the add spell, add potion, cast spell things, but I customly designed the battle engine, so I hoped you like it...
-Ryan
Quote:Original post by Possumdude0
I started C++ at 18. Now I'm 19. I'm just a late bloomer :(

It is never too late! I am 24 years now, and I've known C for about 2 years (I think). I have been "programming" since I was 7-8 years old, but I never really understood what I was doing. I was banging my head against the desk screaming "how do they do it????". It took me next to 14 years before I started to understand the logic of programming.

So anyone here who feels he or she is a "slow learner" should think about me :)
um, could you post the source code here? i'm not aloud to download stuff. andi'm new at c++ and am trying to make games, but keep on getting messed up..i think i could learn alot form you code...

could you please post the source code here?

thnx
oh, and on you website http://rslgames.bravehost.com/projects.html the button
"Text based rpg" could you give me the source code to that? for some reason my computer cant go there.
The developer said to replace release%203 with source%203, so, from my guess, this should be the link to the source code, and it's quite large, if you ask me.

http://one.fsphost.com/Ryan4816/Projects/WoL/Source%203.zip

for som reason i cant go there...could som1 post the code here, or post a text document that has the code in it? please

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement