Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus help

This topic is 6118 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am having a small problem with the Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus code library (t1dlib.h, t1dlib.cpp, ect). I was trying to add on to the library by creating my own .cpp and .h files that I could just add on like I do with the ones provided by the book. However, I am declaring a BOB in my .h file and using it in a function in the .cpp file. This was fine, but when I tried to add these files to my main game .cpp file (#include "RKLib.h" and then adding the .cpp file to the project) I get an error message! The error goes like this: RKLib.obj : error LNK2005: "struct BOB_TYP regular"(?regular@@3UBOB_TYP@@A) already defined in IntroTest.obj Debug/IntroTest.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found RKLib is the name of my .h and .cpp files and "regular" is the BOB object. What am I doing wrong? [EDIT]: geez. yelling won't get it answered any faster. -fel Edited by - felisandria on March 18, 2001 7:32:18 PM

sounds like you''re having the same problem as in this post

Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself.
What a plight we who try to make a story-based game have...writers of conventional media have words, we have but binary numbers