Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RegularKid

Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus help

I am having a small problem with the Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus code library (t1dlib.h, t1dlib.cpp, ect). I was trying to add on to the library by creating my own .cpp and .h files that I could just add on like I do with the ones provided by the book. However, I am declaring a BOB in my .h file and using it in a function in the .cpp file. This was fine, but when I tried to add these files to my main game .cpp file (#include "RKLib.h" and then adding the .cpp file to the project) I get an error message! The error goes like this: RKLib.obj : error LNK2005: "struct BOB_TYP regular"(?regular@@3UBOB_TYP@@A) already defined in IntroTest.obj Debug/IntroTest.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found RKLib is the name of my .h and .cpp files and "regular" is the BOB object. What am I doing wrong? [EDIT]: geez. yelling won't get it answered any faster. -fel Edited by - felisandria on March 18, 2001 7:32:18 PM

sounds like you''re having the same problem as in this post

Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself.
What a plight we who try to make a story-based game have...writers of conventional media have words, we have but binary numbers