Sign in to follow this  
SpreeTree

Documenting Classes With The Same Name In Doxygen

SpreeTree    396
Hello I have two classes with the same name, but they are in different name spaces. I want to document them both with Doxygen, as they are based on different template parameters and behave differently. Doxygen complains that it has found a description for the class somewhere else (which it technically has), so it doesn't document both versions. Does anyone have an idea of how to persuade Doxygen to document them both, and list them both in the same module? Thanks in advance Spree.

Bregma    9202
I have never had a problem, as long as I place the comment block directly before the class declration in question and don't refer to the class name directly. It seems Doxygen will do the right thing by default most of the time.

File names, on the other hand, sometimes need qualification in the @file (or \file) entry.

SpreeTree    396
The Doxygen comments for both classes are directly above each class definition, and within the respective namespaces.

I can't remember the exact error (I'm at home now), but it states something along the lines of
"Documentation found for class stack at [File Location]. Ignoring documentation at [Different File Location].

All the documentation for the class methods are within the class, above the method declarations (and definition, since it is a template class), so I don't know how to get the code any nearer to the actual class than it actually is.

Spree