Dont like reading

Started by
10 comments, last by erissian 17 years, 4 months ago
I actually have a terrible time reading books, and this is after 10 years of coding. I can't sit still and digest large amounts of material in one sitting.

What I find works better are tutorials or perhaps small books with tons of examples, and work through them and refer to the book when you're stuck. I've learned programming languages primarily through experimentation, online reference documentation, and short tutorials.

Also, you seem really eager to start with games. It might be easier to find another type of program you'd enjoy writing that is simpler.

Advertisement
I was going to make a smart ass comment here, but you probably wouldn't have read this far. :)

Alright, with that out of the way:
I can understand that programming books aren't exactly the kind of book that you read from cover to cover in the park. Your best best is to find a tutorial on some website somewhere, with easy to digest nuggets of information. A lot of tutorials step you through useful things, and you only have to look over them for a few minutes before they get to the point, and you have something you can apply.
Also, I've seen a lot of people post things like "Looking for a mentor!" on this board. Maybe you can get someone with some sort of IM and a lot of time to spare.
We''re sorry, but you don''t have the clearance to read this post. Please exit your browser at this time. (Code 23)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement