Sign in to follow this  

New User

This topic is 4022 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I just signed up and thought I would say hi and introduce myself. I've been doing hobby programming for a while, mostly in C on Windows and Linux. Recently I've been getting in to SDL and OpenGL and am having a good time. I'm working on a game project reminiscent of 'Combat' the old Atari game. It's going to be 2D, 2-player, with a (hopefully) realistic physics engine. I'll post some screenshots when I have something worth posting. Can someone please tell me where in the forums I would post a development screenshot? Thanks, tb

Hi and welcome =)

Be sure to read up on the forum FAQ for this (the Beginner) forum. More than just ground rules, it's got a lot of good info on what to expect, where to start, and how to handle common bumps. For uncommon (and also common) bumps, you can post here =)

Happy Coding =)

Hello and welcome. serratemplar has given some good starting advice.

In answer to your question about screenshots, the Image Of The Day board is what you are looking for.

If you post on there, you might even end up with a thumbnail on the front page. You should certainly get a lot of useful feedback either way.

I'd save the IOTD until you can get really awesome screenshots from your project. If they're development shots they should probably go in Your Announcements.

This topic is 4022 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.