Sign in to follow this  
domin

PostProcess shader

domin    130
Ok, here is the situation - I have running space combat game - now, for make aiming easier I have added post processing shader that makes everything black and white... So far so good, but now comes harder part - all enemies flying around should be displayed in red (in opposite to all other in BW). And the question is - how to determine in post process pixel shader which pixel should be painted in grey scale and which i red scale? Thanks for any tips and etc.

S1CA    1418
- Perhaps doing this as an extra pass on a per-object-process instead of a whole screen post-process would be more appropriate?

- Perhaps you could use the alpha channel of the render target texture used as the source for your post process shader to store a friend/enemy value (0=friendly, 1=bad)?

- Perhaps you could use the stencil buffer to store the same friend/enemy value as above and then split your post process into 2 passes: grey pass (grey post process shader runs for pixels that aren't set in the stencil), red pass (red post process shader runs for pixels that are set in the stencil).