[java] Games under development?

Started by
4 comments, last by CaptainJester 17 years, 4 months ago
I just noticed that the Element V contest is over, and really haven't checked into it much in a while. (I think Son of Cain was working on something). But my real question was, what is going on here at the forum as far as games go? Is anybody working on anything special that they would like other people to take a look at (I just happen to have time, now that the semester is over, and I can be curious again about stuff). The java Element V team thing with Son of Cain -- I'm well aware how difficult it can be to work on a team project, with the internet being the form of communication. I guess I'm asking to see if there are voids to be filled -- sort of a vague thing to be looking for -- but something that makes Java game development more of a community effort? I'm just curious- L-
"Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't." -Pete Seegerwww.lucid-edge.net
Advertisement
GameDev's Java Development thread usually has people asking help from others, either with coding problems or to try out their latest creations. Then GameDev's Help Wanted and Your Announcements threads are always filling with Java projects, either completed or in need of testing/help.

Not sure if that really answers your question, though; not sure what you're asking, actually. lol
Help Wanted, and You Announcements are filled with stuff that is not particular to Java development, and will likely get lost in the mix, but that is an excellent suggest. Thanks.

L-
"Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't." -Pete Seegerwww.lucid-edge.net
Quote:Original post by Lucidquiet
I just noticed that the Element V contest is over, and really haven't checked into it much in a while. (I think Son of Cain was working on something).

But my real question was, what is going on here at the forum as far as games go? Is anybody working on anything special that they would like other people to take a look at (I just happen to have time, now that the semester is over, and I can be curious again about stuff).

The java Element V team thing with Son of Cain -- I'm well aware how difficult it can be to work on a team project, with the internet being the form of communication. I guess I'm asking to see if there are voids to be filled -- sort of a vague thing to be looking for -- but something that makes Java game development more of a community effort?

I'm just curious-
L-

We were unable to finish the game in time. Life always gets in the way. However, we have expressed inerest in completing the game. We think we have come up with a novel concept and want to see it through to completion. Are you interested in joining us?
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]
Yeah, possibly, I would like to take a look at what you guys got going on. See if I can find a place to help, that is if I have the right skill set for what you need. (Not much of an artist, or mucisian, but who knows).

L-

PS. I remember you guys had a forum somewhere, could you post a link to that? I did a search for it but the google links are all being redirected to the base java forum threads, rather than the topic... strange.

[Edited by - Lucidquiet on December 15, 2006 9:02:16 AM]
Quote:Original post by Lucidquiet
Yeah, possibly, I would like to take a look at what you guys got going on. See if I can find a place to help, that is if I have the right skill set for what you need. (Not much of an artist, or mucisian, but who knows).

L-

PS. I remember you guys had a forum somewhere, could you post a link to that? I did a search for it but the google links are all being redirected to the base java forum threads, rather than the topic... strange.

I sent you a PM.
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement