About Chaos theory??

Started by
4 comments, last by Dark Star 23 years ago
Does anyone know where I can find useful (and easy for beginners, if that ever exists) information on the chaos theory, that explains from start to well as far as the theory goes Any help is good help...thanks Dark Star
---------------------------------------------You Only Live Once - Don't be afriad to take chances.
Advertisement
I don''t think you''ll find an EASY book on chaos theory, but there are many out there, go to your local waterstone store or something, and you may find a few.
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
Chaos theory is easy, all you need to know is is that for things to be arranged into any kind of a pattern energy must be used, but for things to be completely random, no energy is needed. This is why chaos (randomness), not order, is predominant in nature.
codeXtremeif(you->intelligence < radish->intelligence) you->STFU();
There''s a little bit more to chaos theory than that ... And since this is a graphics forum, I imagine Dark Star is looking for something a little more practical :->

Try doing a search on google.com for "Introduction to chaos theory". That throws up lots of links.

Mikey.
your local barnes and noble or bookstore should usually have a book or 2 on this subject
I think the area of chaos theory germane to graphics is fractals. You can use them to produce realistic mountains, clouds, trees, etc... Other areas may apply to AI.

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- The disgruntled & disillusioned
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement