Sign in to follow this  
tufflax

[C++ in Windows] Entry point in ws2help.dll not found. What's that? I don't use it!

tufflax    504
Hey! I was just making a simple console application in C++ to try some things out. And when I ran it, a warning message came up saying: "The procedure entry point wahgetcontext could not be located in the dynamic link library ws2help.dll". I must say I don't understand this. What does ws2help.dll has to do with my simple console app that has nothing to do with networking. The program still works after I click OK, but it's annoying and strange. [Edited by - tufflax on December 17, 2006 6:25:24 AM]

Twisol    468
I doubt ws2help.dll has anything to do with networking. I'd guess here that something happened when your project included a Dynamic Link Library (or DLL) - things you include can include other things too, you know.

But I'm a noob when it comes to DLLs, really. Maybe you made a typo; I see "wahtgetcontext" in your post, maybe you meant "whatgetcontext"?

tufflax    504
Well, I looked ws2help.dll up and one site said "File that contains the functions used by the Windows Sockets API, which is used by Internet and network applications." And no it didn't say WhatGetContext, it said WahGetContext.

But anyways, all I included was iostream and cmath. I don't get this at all :/