better strategy games

Started by
2 comments, last by OoMMMoO 23 years ago
I was thinking now that the ps2 and xbox, and pc''s are getting better you think it would be cool to make a game like say C&C but make it fully 3d where you can zoom in and see an actual soldier sitting in a trench smoking a cigarete or zoom into a forest area where a tank is hiding. I think a strategy game like that would be awsome but of course it would have to have good gameplay
Advertisement
This reminds me of a strategy game I always wanted to create someday...

In this game, you would really be the commander. In fact, you would be a real soldier that was sitting in some kind of HeadQuarters. You could command your forces around using a 2d-map, more or less like RedAlert, but then you would have trouble with Fog-of-War and such. You could also leave your HQ, and walk around, or take control of any vehicle on the battlefield. The amount of commands you can give would then be seriously lessened, but you would have a far superiour viewpoint to witness the enemy, and you are a bit better in dodging attacks then your own AI-fellows

Off course, you can expand this... You might create a mobile HQ, so that you could move out in 3d, but still have some of the more advanced control options in your hands. Only the 2d-map range would be much shorter, so you could only control nearby units.

It is also possible to more or less steal the interfaces from RainbowSpear and Giants. WIth this I mean that you can create teams, that you can select even when you are in 3d-mode. Then, you can aim at a building, an enemy, or a patch of ground, and tell them to go there, attack that, or defend that place. Or you could go into the map mode, create waypoints with triggers, so that you can send everything in at the same time with a single press of a button (always set a few retreat waypoints for when you are loosing )

I always wondered what it would be like to pilot your own ReconBike

What do you think?
Isn''t that what is done in Warzone 2100? It is C&C style but fully 3D. Although it does not have a zoom in function it''s very cool and has hills & fog etc.
Vox
<PLUG>
Have a look at my game: www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~deanh/war-worlds/.

It's not very complete yet, but's basically a 3D C&C. (In fact, it's quite similar to WarZone, but I had my idea before I heard about WarZone - I've just re-written it about 4 time since I started, hehe)
</PLUG>

Edited by - dean_harding on March 18, 2001 6:51:58 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement