RPG Book Web Site

Started by
5 comments, last by Jim Adams 23 years ago
I''ve created a web page that I''m going to fill with information about my upcoming book - Programming Role-Playing Games with DirectX 8. It includes some test programs that are included (and maybe not!) in the book. I would like any feedback on the test programs, if they work or don''t, etc. Just click on the link below. Thanks! Jim Adams home.att.net/~rpgbook Programming Role-Playing Games with
Advertisement

.-It looks great!.

What the hells!
What the hells!
I''m gonna like that book when I buy it
No offense... I''ll probably end up buying it, but so far, it looks like, "Learn How to Program in Direct X" with RPG slapped onto the title. Is there going to be more RPG development coverage than what is apparent in the table of contents so far?
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
So far, I''ve got a lot of the DirectX stuff written, then comes the more specific RPG stuff. Once the rest of the RPG topics are fleshed out, I''ll post those. So far there''s scripting, combat, maps and terrain, npc and character stuff. At this point, the book shows 2-D and 3-D graphics engines, but questionable on 2-D stuff.

Jim Adams
What for information will I find in the book (next to coding DirectX8)? Will it cover how to render landscapes, models, etc.? Maybe even a script engine?
It will cover scripting an have a basic engine. Terrain as well, hopefully a ROAM implementation. It does show how to work with .X files, as well as skeletal animation using key frames. In fact, I''ve developed a plug in for milkshape 3d that handles all that. You should be able to download that shortly.

It''s a whopper at this point, and estimated at about 800 pages. The DirectX coverage shows some good stuff, but it does get to the point at times.

Jim Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement