when to get a Wii

Started by
24 comments, last by Maega 17 years, 3 months ago
Wow I'm really starting to want a Wii. I'm always a fan of waiting for prices to drop and recalls to be made, as it usually leads to a better gaming experience. Furthermore, the damn thing isn't really even available yet. (I want to just walk in on a lazy afternoon and pick up everything I need) When do you guys think it will be the right time to buy one of these things?
Advertisement
Probably when it has more than one game worth playing. (Specifically, when Mario Galaxy and SSB: Brawl are released.)
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Jan of 2008 is my suggestion.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
When it's a Wii Mark II at least.
There are rumours on the internets that the Wii will drop to $200 when the PS3 is released in Europe, and at this time there will also be multiple colored version of the wii out.

/MindWipe
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
As soon as possible really.
Not until after I get mine.
I like the DARK layout!
Is it true that you can play and browse online with the Wii for free (using an existing internet connection)?

That Microsoft Live subscription nonsense was/is rediciously overpriced.
Quote:Original post by Thevenin
Is it true that you can play and browse online with the Wii for free (using an existing internet connection)?

Yes, that is true. The final version of the internet browser isn't released yet, but when it is, people who have the trial version can get it for free and people who don't have it can get it for 500 points ($5 US). Absolutely no subscription to anything. Playing online games is for a fee is at the developer's discretion i believe, but i would be very surprised if there was to be any fee for online play. I'm not sure about online gamecube titles, either (the whole 2 that exist).
when you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Quote:Original post by Thevenin

I believe it costs $5 to active the browser, but after that it's free. Though I think right now the browser is in beta mode, and is free for the time being. Don't quote me on that, though.
Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement