Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OpenGL Error With glDrawElements

This topic is 6117 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi The Error is that I can not run a application using glDrawElements using my opengl base code (which is quite closely derived from the NeHe base code), This code compiles fine. But when running the app, there is a error message displayed, The "/P" command-line switch must be followed by a PID (Process ID). A nice error that I have had before, the last time it was a Direct X8 error, and a installation of the latest graphics card driver''s fixed it. (I have a Voodoo 5 5500). I do realise that the glDrawElements function is for the OpenGL 1.1 and greater implementations, so I presume that my lib''s are out of date. I also tried the same code but instead of using my OpenGL base code I used GLut and everything ran fine! Form this I presume that my OpenGL lib''s and include files are of OpenGL version 1, so my question is were can I download either the OpenGL Version 1.1 or 1.2 sdk files for Windows and Visual C++ 6 Thanks in advance 3DG

I am being stupid. Obviously I would get a compilation error if the problem was my lib and include''s, it is strange. I can run the exact same code but with a few changes and using the glArrayElements and all works fine. But again trying to use a OpenGL 1.1 function glDrawArrays gives a error.

Any thoughts would be very helpful.

Again Thanks In Advance 3DG