Tab Controls

Started by
1 comment, last by BraveZeus 24 years, 4 months ago
Think you may have the right idea - the few times I have created these tab controls it was this was - one dialog box, all controls in it and hide/display those that pertain to the selected tab.
I use Borland as well - and the examples that came with it use this method so i guess there is not an easier way yet.
Advertisement
I want to add an options dialog to my game that uses a tab control to go to different parts of the options (like in the Display Properties window), would it be possible to add all controls, overlapping and everything onto the dialog resource and hide those not being used on a page or is there a better way? I'm using Borland C++ 5 in case you care, but I think this is a general enough question...
Chris
I cant talk for Borland C, or visual C for that mater(I just never use dialogs in VC anymore) but in Visual Basic you have container controls like picture box etc that contain all of your controls and you only need to hide (move it off screen or make it invisible) this container. I guess this is going to be a standrd windows thing, so it might be worth a quic look.

[This message has been edited by STG (edited December 16, 1999).]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement