• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrSandman666

Reading OpenGL texture data from a resource bitmap...?

This topic is 6453 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well, hi again. Uhhhmmm... does anybody here know how I can get the data that I need to create an OpenGL texture object from a bitmap that I compiled into the executable via a resource file? I''m using MSVC++ for that. You know what I''m talking ''bout? You can include bitmaps like you can include dialog box templates or menus or accelerator tables. Now how do I access this bitmap ressource and strip the neccesarry information from it? Stuff like heigt, width and raw pixel data and how do I build a texture object from it. Till now I always used auxDIBImageLoad(FileName) but that requires an external file. Would be great if someone could help me. And please as quickly as possible. The deadline is approaching! Thanx in advance... ----------------------------- "Mr Sandman bring me a dream"

Advertisement
Hi MrSandman,
I think you must use use LockResource for it. Look at the MSDN for more information.

pseudo code:
void *pResTexture= LockResource(LoadResource(NULL, FindResource(NULL, MAKEINTRESOURCE(uID), "BMP")));
unsigned char *pTexture = ((HEADER)pResTexture)->Data;

my answer isn`t very good but i hope it helps

Punika

[ Power Productions ]

Well, this is the way I''m doing it now:

void PSmanager::LoadTexture(char *FileName)
{

HBITMAP hbitmap;
BITMAP bmp;

hbitmap = LoadBitmap(hInst, MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDB_PARTICLE));

LockResource(hbitmap);

GetObject(hbitmap, sizeof(BITMAP), &bmp);

// create the texture

glGenTextures(1, &Image);

// select the texture object

glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, Image);

// Generate The Texture

glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, 3, bmp.bmWidth, bmp.bmHeight, 0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, bmp.bmBits);

// enable linear filtering for this texture

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);

}

The program "works" (meaning it doesn''t crash and displays something on the screen) but the textures are extremely distorted.
Anbody know a solution for this?

Thx in advance

-----------------------------
"Mr Sandman bring me a dream"

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!