DX8b gotta catch 'em all

Started by
6 comments, last by eng3d 23 years, 1 month ago
http://www.the-ctrl-alt-del.com/2001/leak/Direcx8b.htm Very dangerous!, so proceed with care!. Of course you must have the big dx8 sdk, but all have it!. ^_^
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
Advertisement
"Very dangerous!, so proceed with care!"

What do you mean? I saw the news post and then it was wiped... Something wrong with the download?
Vox
It''s not an official download, it''s a leaked beta version. The post made it sound like it was an official MS release.
This is an illegal download. Beta versions of products are not usualy made available to the end users for good reasons. Stability is only one. If you download this file and use it you can bet you''ll have to recode your apps all over again when the final version becomes available.
Joseph FernaldSoftware EngineerRed Storm Entertainment.------------------------The opinions expressed are that of the person postingand not that of Red Storm Entertainment.
FYI, 8.0b isn''t a new version of the SDK, its beta version of some small bugfixes for the D3DX library. If you haven''t had any problems with the library, its unlikely you need the fixes.

Not really dangerous, but still better to wait for a properly tested version.

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

8.0 ''b''? Why bother? 8.0 and 8.0a performed funky voodoo on my system, and I finally got rid of it with a helpful registry merge.

What type of voodoo? Any program that used DirectInput and MIDI under DirectMusic would have slow and inconsistent tempos (speed at which the music is played) and the Input always became botched (ex. left became right, keyboard died, controllers sending information with no buttons pressed.) Yes, I did reinstall every driver, including DirectX 8. It was only when I "downgraded" to 7 that almost everything ran fine again. Anyone else have similar probelms with 8?
Yep!. This may made some bugs-fixed or some new-bugs.. But anyways, it may be used for "last-hope" situation.

-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
Well it looks like Microsoft found out about the leak and pluged it with a giant cork. The page is no longer up and the files are gone. Guess everyone will have to wait for the official release of the SDK now anyway.
Joseph FernaldSoftware EngineerRed Storm Entertainment.------------------------The opinions expressed are that of the person postingand not that of Red Storm Entertainment.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement