If you're a Geek, you're a Virgin.

Started by
38 comments, last by mikeman 17 years, 3 months ago
Quote:Original post by phantom
I'd have just left the phone off the hook with him ranting away and wandered off todo something else...

Ditto.

Look don't worry about it. Some people are just natural born-and-bred assholes; avoid them when you can, and ignore them when you can't avoid them. I'm sorry to break the news that you will encounter many, many more assholes during the course of your life.

Think of it this way - you'll be able to tell this story and have a laugh about it down the pub with your mates for years to come. I liked the "..hanging up is such a virgin thing to do.." comment; most amusing.

Jon

Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Pouya
If that happened to me, I would have probably described for him how I had sex with his mom last night.

personally, I would have said daughter.

"My daughters 7.."
"Damn I knew I should have asked her for ID"
Quote:Original post by polly
I'm sorry to break the news that you will encounter many, many more assholes during the course of your life.

Oh I know that quite well. This guy was just probably the most insane I've ever talked to.

I actually don't even do web design anymore. I was only going to consider this guy because he was referred to me by somebody I kind of know.

The most insane customer I have ever had to deal with was at my former job at a well known Canadian department store. I worked in the camera department, and this short, fat guy with a thick Italian accent storms in, points a hair dryer at me and shouts "YOU TRIED TO KILL MY WIFE! WITH THIS! YOU TRIED TO KILL MY WIFE WITH THIS!!"

It turns out his wife had used the hair dryer with a faulty power transformer for connecting to international power outlets. The transformer shorted and she got a bit of a zap. But it marks the first time I have been accused of murder.
I wonder if there is an online geek to sex ratio statistic that I can email this guy. I'm fairly sure geeks in general get laid all the time...right...? Huh huh?

(Oh this guy keeps trying to call me throughout the day).

EDIT: Is there a way to connect a phone's earplug connector to a line in? I feel like YouTubing this guy :P
Quote:Original post by Programmer One
I actually don't even do web design anymore. I was only going to consider this guy because he was referred to me by somebody I kind of know.

Tell the guy you kind of know that you have a message for the guy he knows, and kick him in the balls. Have him carry the message on.
Quote:Original post by d000hg
Could of said he was turning you on and you were touching yourself?

weve got a winner!
Wow, and I thought my job was bad. I'm a fast-food manager (got to buy those college textbooks somehow), and I've had customers ask what kind of drugs my employees were on, threaten to jump over the counter and attack an employee, tell another employee to punch me in the face, and curse me out over 2 chicken nuggets (but fortunately, never all at the same time). But never "You're such a virgin".

Quote:Tell the guy you kind of know that you have a message for the guy he knows, and kick him in the balls. Have him carry the message on.

Seconded.

Quote: Quote:
Original post by d000hg
Could of said he was turning you on and you were touching yourself?

weve got a winner!

Seconded as well.
Many people is indeed crazy. Like Programmer One, for example, who was listening insults over the telephone during 30 minutes.

You like it hard, dontcha?!?!
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
If its not inappropriate to ask... How much were you charging him?

I would had probably tried to make him angrier and angrier by talking down to him without actually insulting him in a very calm voice.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement