SpaceBubbles Arcade Game

Started by
3 comments, last by jjhavokk 17 years, 3 months ago
Hey all, just wanted to post my 2D game. I am a begginner, so any tips are greatly appreciated. www.dreamwagon.com/applets/PlaySpaceBubbles j
current projectswww.dreamwagon.com/dev
Advertisement
Cool idea! You need to add deceleration to the ship. This ship shouldn't stop when the up arrow key is released.

Check out Super Play, the SNES inspired Game Engine: http://www.superplay.info

It seems very elementary. Your laser (or whatever weapon it is supposed to be) is remiscent of the Quark gun from GORF. That is, it seems kind of odd that shooting makes it reappear at the ship. If you meant to do it that way, it's fine, but otherwise it would be pretty simple to fix with an if statement. Adding more than one bullet would also be easy with some arrays, but I'm guessing that's not the sort of game you were going for. I can't tell how you stored the enemies, but an array or a list of some sort would be best for both enemies and bullets, I think. I also think it could use inertia, as cdoty said.
Signature go here.
Thanks for the input, it is the first game I have ever attempted. I will edit this post when I have made the suggested changes.

01/04/07

made the ship a bit smaller, and faster, added inertia.

Still having trouble with the projectile.
The enemies data is controlled by an array, but the ships weapon is still giving me some problems.

If anyone has time, check my inertia and let me know how I might improve it.
I know that there should be more of a slide when the ship turns into or away from a stop.

the link again is www.dreamwagon.com/applets/PlaySpaceBubbles

[Edited by - jjhavokk on January 4, 2007 2:00:42 PM]
Well I have hit a snag.
It seems everytime a user refreshes the scores page, his/her name and high score are reposted as well. Is there an easy way to fix this??

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement