• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Anonymous Poster

Graphic Cards with 5-5-5 16bpp Mode ???

This topic is 6878 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I don't get the idea why you would want a 5-5-5 videocard. If you want to write code especially written for a 5-5-5 videocard, then that shouldn't be too hard.

For DirectX you can just use BitMasking to check whether it is a 5-6-5 or a 5-5-5 card.

And also for normal DIB sections this is possible with GetDeviceCaps() and EnumDisplaySettings().

If this is only about checking whether your code really works on a 5-5-5 video card, then I'm afraid I cannot help you.

------------------
Dance with me......

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
The code is a custom alpha-blitting routine and it matters which format the video card uses. So I need one of each type so that I can test the code.

John

Virge's have 555 and 565 modes if I recall. I know my Matrox Millenium 2 had 555 mode as well. As does an old Diamond Stealth something or another I have stuck in a Cyrix 166.

When I use VESA I can call both 5-5-5 and 6-5-5 videomodes. This is on my S3 virge PCI (4MB). Does DirectX handle this differently?

Guest Anonymous Poster
I am looking for a graphics card that uses the 5-5-5 format in 16bpp mode.
I have a 5-6-5 card and my code runs perfectly on it but users with a 5-5-5
card have problems. Can anyone suggest a card to me? I just need this card
for testing so ideally I would like it not to be too expensive.

Thanks for your help,
John

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!