Sign in to follow this  
capn_midnight

3H-GDC m.VI: The Pits (Winner: Endurion!)

Quote:
Original post by extralongpants
Quote:
Original post by d000hg
Not to sound rude, but I'm not that interested in GD+ or playing PC games, especially with a (completely understandable) shipping charge. Would it be OK for winners to take cash value of the GD+? And can first prize winner have first pick of the prizes?!

I think the GDNet+ membership prize is his way of supporting the site as much as it is a way of providing incentive for the contestants. I think the GDNet+ membership is a suitable a prize.

For GDNet+ memberships, I can't actually pay for you, so I just paypal you the money and then it's up to you to figure out the details. For the PC games, well, they're already bought and paid for, I want to get rid of them.
Quote:
Original post by extralongpants
Quote:
Original post by capn_midnight
  • giveblood:
    Processor: Pentium4 3.2GHz
    Memory: 2 gig RAM
    GFX: Radeon X800 pro
    Other Software: Java, .net, direct x etc

What version of .Net? 2.0?

try PMing giveblood, he didn't tell me.

.NET 2.0 Framework will be a requirement for my entry.

I have an NSIS install script that will put the .NET Framework 2.0 and DirectX on a computer, but this will make my entry 22.6MiB in size. [disturbed]

Quote:
    Original post by d000hg
    Oh NO! I have a new PC and haven't yet installed Visual C++. I can't find the disk, and all I have is C++.Net Express which won't compile my code (using Win32 stuff).

You can download and install the WIN32 SDK. It will work with express edition and will provide the necessary files to compile win32 applications.

Hmm, this certainly looks much better than doing revision and procrastinating on facebook.. I'm in! (btw, does anyone know if it's possible to get back an old account if I don't have access to the email address anymore or remember the password?)

Quote:
    Original post by d000hg
    I have to admit I'm sceptical it'll just work, but if it does then you will be my hero!
    Will it also support MFC & DirectX?

MFC and DirectX will work with express edition, but you have to download the SDK's separately, and they're big files.

Ok, uploaded my game.

Get it here.

Screenshots:

The Game:

You are a famous barber specialized in arm pits (Hence "The Pits"). Be careful to satisfy your customers. Use enough foam, keep a steady hand and don't hurry while shaving the arm pits.

Your customer will only endure a certain amount of cutting. Keep the hair percentage in your mind and also watch for the endurance meter.

Move the mouse to move the brush or razor, push the left button to use it. Switch it by clicking on the bottom left part of the display bar or use the right mouse button.

There's five levels, i've not completed the last one, i have no idea if it can be done.

You can use Alt-Enter to switch between windowed and fullscreen mode.
    BTW, the servers time is off by almost ten minutes ;)

So I can keep track of submissions, please email them to my gmail account "capn.midnight". Also, format the subject line "3H-GDC mVI, <GDNet UserName>, <Project Name>"

Thanks everyone. I'll try to get the judging done ASAP. It should be late Monday.

Well, I got almost done...

Here's my attempt.

I implemented everything except enemy movement. However, I didn't get the enemy movement in, so there's no way to lose. I'll post an updated version when I finish, but the above link is what I got done in 3 hours.

Also, I tried to post this by pressing Ctrl+Shift+B