• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
capn_midnight

3H-GDC m.VI: The Pits (Winner: Endurion!)

This topic is 4142 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Prizes update!
Prizes:

1. 3 games of your choosing from my library of NES and PC games

2. 3 months of GDNet+

3. 1 game from my library

I'll cover the shipping to US and Canada. I'll split it to Europe.

Contestants:
These are the people that have said they want to compete, so far

• alnite

• CrimsonSun

• jfclavette

• Endurion

• Thevenin

• BeanDog

• d000hg

• nagromo

• Stompy9999

• matt_j

• extralongpants

You can join at any time before 9AM EST/1400GMT tomorrow morning.

Judges

• capn_midnight:
    Processor: Pentium4 2.4GHz
    Memory: 768MB RDRAM
    GFX: Radeon 9800
    Sound: SB Audigy 2
    Other Software: Java 5, Java 6, .Net 1.1, .Net 2.0, Ruby 1.8.5, current DirectX and Managed DirectX installations

• Trapper Zoid:
    Processor: Athlon 64 3000+ (2.0 GHz)
    Memory (RAM): 1 GB
    Graphics: ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
    Sound: Integrated AC97 audio chip on motherboard
    Other Software: Java 5 (not sure about 6), .Net 2.0 (and probably 1.1 as well), DirectX 9.0c

• giveblood:
    Processor: Pentium4 3.2GHz
    Memory: 2 gig RAM
    GFX: Radeon X800 pro
    Other Software: Java, .net, direct x etc

Contest Theme
Will be announced at 8:45AM tomorrow morning.

Base Code
If anyone has any base code they want to share, either from a contestant, judge, or spectator, now is the time to post it. Posting base code also gives judges a chance to review your code if you are uncertain if it falls into the "Game Maker" category. Given the ASCII restriction, I think it is highly unlikely that anyone is using one anyway.

[Edited by - capn_midnight on January 12, 2007 1:53:25 PM]

Not to sound rude, but I'm not that interested in GD+ or playing PC games, especially with a (completely understandable) shipping charge. Would it be OK for winners to take cash value of the GD+? And can first prize winner have first pick of the prizes?!

Quote:
Original post by d000hg
Not to sound rude, but I'm not that interested in GD+ or playing PC games, especially with a (completely understandable) shipping charge. Would it be OK for winners to take cash value of the GD+? And can first prize winner have first pick of the prizes?!

I think the GDNet+ membership prize is his way of supporting the site as much as it is a way of providing incentive for the contestants. I think the GDNet+ membership is a suitable a prize.

Quote:
Original post by capn_midnight
  • giveblood:

What version of .Net? 2.0?

Quote:
    Original post by extralongpants
    Quote:
    Original post by d000hg

I think the GDNet+ membership prize is his way of supporting the site as much as it is a way of providing incentive for the contestants. I think the GDNet+ membership is a suitable a prize.

For GDNet+ memberships, I can't actually pay for you, so I just paypal you the money and then it's up to you to figure out the details. For the PC games, well, they're already bought and paid for, I want to get rid of them.
    Quote:
    Original post by extralongpants
    Quote:
    Original post by capn_midnight
  • giveblood:

What version of .Net? 2.0?

try PMing giveblood, he didn't tell me.

.NET 2.0 Framework will be a requirement for my entry.

I have an NSIS install script that will put the .NET Framework 2.0 and DirectX on a computer, but this will make my entry 22.6MiB in size. [disturbed]

Oh NO! I have a new PC and haven't yet installed Visual C++. I can't find the disk, and all I have is C++.Net Express which won't compile my code (using Win32 stuff).

Quote:
    Original post by d000hg
    Oh NO! I have a new PC and haven't yet installed Visual C++. I can't find the disk, and all I have is C++.Net Express which won't compile my code (using Win32 stuff).

You can download and install the WIN32 SDK. It will work with express edition and will provide the necessary files to compile win32 applications.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!