What versions of DX included in Windows?

Started by
4 comments, last by GalaxyQuest 23 years ago
For my own reasons, im still using DirectX 5 sdk. So I was wondering what versions of DirectX are installed on the following Windows: Windows 98? Windows 2000? Windows ME? I just need this basic info for installation information for my upcoming demos for school.... Visit my planet: Planet John Capt. James Tiberious Kirk -- hmm, didnt know ole Capn was a tiberia fan.
Advertisement
Win98 - DX 5
Win2k - DX 7
WinME - DX 7 (i think)

-SirKnight

Edited by - SirKnight on March 19, 2001 4:24:33 PM
My version of Win2K (Prof, OEM CD) came with DirectX 8. Remember that DirectX has support for most/all earlier versions.

"Finger to spiritual emptiness underlying everything." -- How a C manual referred to a "pointer to void." --Things People Said
Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!
http://www.gdarchive.net/druidgames/
Win2K was released in February 2000. DirectX8 was released around October 2000. How could DirectX 8 come with Win2K if it wasn''t released yet? Maybe they did quietly update Win2K CDs with DirectX8?

Anyway, Win2K Pro CD that I have installs with DirectX7. Win98 SE came with DirectX6 (I think). WinME? I don''t plan to touch it, but I believe it comes with DirectX7 as well because of the release schedule (ME came out before DirectX8).

Steve ''Sly'' Williams  Code Monkey  Krome Studios
Steve 'Sly' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios
turbo game development with Borland compilers
good news.
good news.
and good news.

thanks for the replies my fellow gd posters!

Visit my planet: Planet John
Capt. James Tiberious Kirk -- hmm, didnt know ole Capn was a tiberia fan.
I got my copy of Win2K in late December. Like I said, it is an OEM CD, so it is different from a lot of people''s. I don''t know how or why, I just know that I had DirectX 8 preinstalled .

"Finger to spiritual emptiness underlying everything." -- How a C manual referred to a "pointer to void." --Things People Said
Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!
http://www.gdarchive.net/druidgames/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement