Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ScallionODI

CBS_FULLSCREEN + Dev-C++

My compiler (dev-c++) tells me CBS_FULLSCREEN is undeclared in lesson02 from NEHE productions. What do I do? it was the msvc version, i cant afford msvc cause im pretty poor now.

Here''s a snippet of code (e.g. the line where it''s problematic)

/* begin code */

// Try To Set Selected Mode And Get Results. NOTE: CDS_FULLSCREEN Gets Rid Of Start Bar.
if (ChangeDisplaySettings(&dmScreenSettings, CBS_FULLSCREEN )!=DISP_CHANGE_SUCCESSFUL)

/* end code */

In the current distrubution of Dev-C++, CDS_FULLSCREEN is undefined. You need to define it yourself, so at the top of your source type this:

#define CDS_FULLSCREEN 4

Then recompile, the code should work fine.

Even better! thanks for yr reply, but i have bad news:

c:\windows\TEMP\ccfLu9fb.o(.text+0x1bb):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `glVertex3f@12''
c:\windows\TEMP\ccfLu9fb.o(.text+0x1d9):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `glVertex3f@12''
c:\windows\TEMP\ccfLu9fb.o(.text+0x1e1):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `glEnd@0''
c:\windows\TEMP\ccfLu9fb.o(.text+0x1f9):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `glTranslatef@12''
c:\windows\TEMP\ccfLu9fb.o(.text+0x206):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `glBegin@4''
c:\windows\TEMP\ccfLu9fb.o(.text+0x224):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `glVertex3f@12''
c:\windows\TEMP\ccfLu9fb.o(.text+0x23b):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `glVertex3f@12''
c:\windows\TEMP\ccfLu9fb.o(.text+0x259):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `glVertex3f@12''
c:\windows\TEMP\ccfLu9fb.o(.text+0x27e):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `glVertex3f@12''
c:\windows\TEMP\ccfLu9fb.o(.text+0x286):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `glEnd@0''
c:\windows\TEMP\ccfLu9fb.o(.text+0x3b8):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `wglMakeCurrent@8''
c:\windows\TEMP\ccfLu9fb.o(.text+0x3e2):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `wglDeleteContext@4''
c:\windows\TEMP\ccfLu9fb.o(.text+0x9b4):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `ChoosePixelFormat@8''
c:\windows\TEMP\ccfLu9fb.o(.text+0x9f8):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `SetPixelFormat@12''
c:\windows\TEMP\ccfLu9fb.o(.text+0xa2e):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `wglCreateContext@4''
c:\windows\TEMP\ccfLu9fb.o(.text+0xa74):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `wglMakeCurrent@8''
c:\windows\TEMP\ccfLu9fb.o(.text+0xdba):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `SwapBuffers@4''

Make sure all of the OpenGL libs are included in your project. I don''t remember how to do that for Dev C++ (it''s been a while since I used it), but I know there''s a way .

"Finger to spiritual emptiness underlying everything." -- How a C manual referred to a "pointer to void." --Things People Said
Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!
http://www.gdarchive.net/druidgames/

Guest Anonymous Poster
You should also create a windows GUI app.

c:\dev-c++\opengl\lesson2.o(.text+0x9b4):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `ChoosePixelFormat@8''
c:\dev-c++\opengl\lesson2.o(.text+0x9f8):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `SetPixelFormat@12''
c:\dev-c++\opengl\lesson2.o(.text+0xdba):lesson2.cpp: undefined reference to `SwapBuffers@4''

these are the errors after i included all the files in my project. are there any other thingies i should d/l for opengl?

i have gl.h, glaux.h, and glu.h in my includes currently.

Guest Anonymous Poster
They are in the GDI library that you links to if you create a window GUI app or whatever the IDE calls it. From the command line would it be the -mwindows switch.

Hm...hey guys, my dev-c++ compiler wont reflect changes in the code when i recompile it.

first, it would''nt change the color of the square in lesson 2.
then i changed the "fullscreen or not?" messagebox text and it did''nt change that when i ran it.

how do i fix this?

dev-c++ doesn''t recompile automaticaly your project. In fact, it''s just running the .exe file that is already there. You must use a ''compile'' command instead of a simple ''run''. I don''t remember the exact label of the command since i''m using visual c++ now.

Alexandre Cossette
alexk7@alexk7.com
http://alexk7.com/

A bug I found with Dev'C++ was if you compile a file and it works (say you named it "Hello") and then you use a modified version but called it "Hello There" it still uses the original file (exe), this is what happened to me. If you name the file something completely different and try it maybe it'll work.

As for you compiling stuff, I have this at the top of my prog'

#include windows.h
#include stdlib.h
#include stdio.h
#include fstream.h
#include gl\gl.h
#include gl\glu.h
#include gl\glaux.h
#include mmsystem.h
#include math.h
(Put <, and > around you headers obviously)

Although you won't need all them, if you include them in your file and see if it then works you'll know that you need to include one of them. And don't forget that when adding your libs in Dev'C++ (under project options, "further object file" I think) that you put an 'l' before the lib name.....eg-
"-lopengl32 -lglu32 -lglaux -lwinmm" etc, or if by chance you wanted to use the Fmod sound lib (which I use, so I thought I'd mention it) , in the add libs place you put
"-Directory/libfmod.a" which comes with the package.

Edited by - Clouds3000 on March 24, 2001 6:48:05 PM