CBS_FULLSCREEN + Dev-C++

Started by
10 comments, last by ScallionODI 23 years ago
dev-c++ doesn''t recompile automaticaly your project. In fact, it''s just running the .exe file that is already there. You must use a ''compile'' command instead of a simple ''run''. I don''t remember the exact label of the command since i''m using visual c++ now.

Alexandre Cossette
alexk7@alexk7.com
http://alexk7.com/
alexk7
Advertisement
A bug I found with Dev'C++ was if you compile a file and it works (say you named it "Hello") and then you use a modified version but called it "Hello There" it still uses the original file (exe), this is what happened to me. If you name the file something completely different and try it maybe it'll work.

As for you compiling stuff, I have this at the top of my prog'

#include windows.h
#include stdlib.h
#include stdio.h
#include fstream.h
#include gl\gl.h
#include gl\glu.h
#include gl\glaux.h
#include mmsystem.h
#include math.h
(Put <, and > around you headers obviously)

Although you won't need all them, if you include them in your file and see if it then works you'll know that you need to include one of them. And don't forget that when adding your libs in Dev'C++ (under project options, "further object file" I think) that you put an 'l' before the lib name.....eg-
"-lopengl32 -lglu32 -lglaux -lwinmm" etc, or if by chance you wanted to use the Fmod sound lib (which I use, so I thought I'd mention it) , in the add libs place you put
"-Directory/libfmod.a" which comes with the package.

Edited by - Clouds3000 on March 24, 2001 6:48:05 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement