Which compiler is better? DevC++(Minigw), djgpp, Lcc-Win32

Started by
12 comments, last by 49studebaker 23 years, 1 month ago
Sorry, one more thing, (just noticed the Kai++ poster) I strongly disagree that VC++ 6.0 doesn''t implement the standard C++ features. I admit that it doesn''t always generate the fastest code in comparison to say that WATCOM compiler, but it DOES implement ALL the standard C++ features, plus comes with a TON of extra libraries that are quite useful. . . after all one of the main goals of C++ is software reuse, so it makes sense to include all the extras Microsoft does. I think it''s sad when people bash a good product just because it has Microsoft on it. VC++ is a better value than Kai++ and better than most Borland products now that they are having such financial difficulties. Just my thoughts.
Advertisement
He wasn''t insulting the IDE (the part of the program you get to see) he was insulting the Compiler (the part you don''t get to see). Yes MSVC''s compiler sucks, but the IDE is nice. You can replace its compiler anyway, there are options for using "plug-in-able" compilers with MSVC''s IDE.

"Finger to spiritual emptiness underlying everything." -- How a C manual referred to a "pointer to void." --Things People Said
Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!
http://www.gdarchive.net/druidgames/
If you just want to fool around and don''t need alot of options go get dev-c++ its more then decent for a free compiler
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
If you aren''t a student. . . well then go to a local college and make friends until one of them will let you give them the money to buy it for you.

whata bright idea, then you just can copy it by some one that have it, its also illegal as let somone buy a copy for you. and if you do that you are never allowed to distribute your apps.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement