The next generation is going to arive 2002

Started by
26 comments, last by Cypyc 23 years ago
"Sorry Harsem, didn''t know Cypyc was your boyfriend!"
-Multiple Migs

I don''t know cypyc personally, neither caffeine. I just hate it when someone starts a flaming onslaught on someone over a subject he doesn''t seem to understand at all and/or when he obviously has misunderstood the 1st post.

-harsem-
Advertisement

Hey Mmeltdown, how large was the data to begin with? If you are getting Cypyc-level compression it would have been... let''s see:

1,000,000,000,000 Tb ==
1,000,000,000,000,000 Gb / 2Gb
== 500,000,000,000,000

So 20Mb * 500 trillion = 10 Quadrillion(?) Mb, or 10 Trillion Gigabytes.

Caffeine is right... Cypyc is being an ass. There is probably not 1 trillion terabytes of data being stored on magnetic media in the entire WORLD. So Cypyc is saying he can store EVERYTHING on a 2Gb hard drive? Hmmmm.

Cypyc also fails to understand patent law... sharing your idea doesn''t give people permission to rip it off if you came up with it first. So by all means, tell us about it!
"...doesn''t give people permission to rip it off if you came up with it first. So by all means, tell us about it!"

Yes, law says it doesnt give people permission. But do you actually think the losers on this forum give a damn? Don''t share your ideas around here, your swimming with sharks.
-Andy Sharkey-Sharkey323@aol.com
I am suprised at the amount of hate people have. Also I would like to reiterate what I said in an earlier post.

--- Pay attention simpletons ---
It is not a compression algorythm.
It is a method of mathmatical modeling
that allows for users to model concepts
instead of specifics. The user models
the concept and the program fills in
the gaps and variates the information.

So what if I made a spelling mistake.
Einstien failed math. I just can''t
spell sometimes.

I was just annouceing this so people could be excited.
I can''t understand why some people reacted the way they
did. I am suprised some people have nothing better to
do than to look for opportunities to inflict pain upon
others

--------------
I''m insane.
I''m Cypyc
--------------
--------------I'm insane. :) I'm Cypyc--------------
I''ll tell you why people got pissy and started flaming. No, better than tell, I''ll demonstrate...

I''ve got a great game idea I''d like to sell...
I''ve got a compression algorythm that beats EVERYTHING I''d like to sell...
I''ve got some GREAT swampland for sale...
I want to program QUAKE 3 in a day, how can I do it...

All statements that are total bullshit and are nothing but ill informed garbage. It may be that you do have this modelling concept of yours. But it is also true that if you did, or if it was real, you would not be spouting about it in a forum that is almost totaly populated by amatuers and 12 year olds.

Landsknecht

My sig used to be, "God was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him..."
But folks whinned and I had to change it.
I personally hope the best for you, if you could work out the logic you will make your money.

"There is humor in everything depending on which prespective you look from."
"There is humor in everything depending on which prespective you look from."
its not that were flaming you but you come and post this theory of yours and well, without some proof its hard to believe it.
you should explain your self a little bit better becasue i dont know what the hell your talking about
I once heard some guy talking about something similar, with molecular organic compression, and a physics engine that encompasses the whole universe into a drop of water... when you think about how many billions of cells make up just one person, if you could grow a computer storage system, then space wouldn't be a problem, especially if it spanned more than one dimension

BTW, I'm designing a new game, and would appreciate anyone contacting me that is interested in this at all. You can read about it in one of my topics, and I should get a site up when the design process is under way - don't want anyone stealing all my ideas huh

~Gecko

"TH3 3XT3NT T0 WH1CH 0N3 641N5 4N 4DV4NT4G3 15 D3P3ND3NT 0N 0N3''5 W1LL T0 641N" ~ Gecko Mayhem

Edited by - Gecko Mayhem on April 8, 2001 9:05:27 PM
"TH3 3XT3NT T0 WH1CH 0N3 641N5 4N 4DV4NT4G3 15 D3P3ND3NT 0N 0N3'5 W1LL T0 641N" ~ Gecko Mayhem

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement