Lesson 28 to the last lesson

Started by
10 comments, last by FelixChuk 23 years ago
I am new in here and also new in OpenGL. I am FelixChuk from HongKong, nice to meet you all. Why there are no Delphi source code from Lesson 28 to the last lesson?? I learnt Delphi for three years and now I want to learn OpenGL. Lastly, I found this great website for me to learn OpenGL, but I followed all the lessons and now I found that..... no Delphi source code available from lesson 28... Hope that it will be available in the near future. Sorry for my poor English. ^-^
Advertisement
*cough* learn C/C++ *cough*

Aaaanyway... There are no sources beacuse no-one has made them.

(well, thats kinda obvious )

=======================
Game project(s):
www.fiend.cjb.net
=======================Game project(s):www.fiend.cjb.net
yes..i know..
i know...C/C++ is really great..
but....as I am still a student...learning C/C++ will use most of my time...also i think it is a little bit difficult for me.

As I mainly want to learn OpenGL, I just want to finished learning OpenGL first...
after that...change to learn C/C++...with OpenGL...

DO you have any Delphi+OpenGL websites for me at this time??
Why''s everyone afraid of C++ ?
people thinks its extreamly hard and all, but really it''s just another language, it''s not that hard to lern. Especially when you already have general programming knowledge like Delphi in your case.

return 1;
again...i know C++ is not very very hard to learn...
but....at least....it is another language...
i need time to learn and remember the syntax...

um..
It is almost a MUST that I will change to learn C++, but now..
I want to learn more about OpenGL first...

Why so many people learn C++ ??
Why so many people said that Delphi is not good ??
C++ gives you the full speed and flexibility of the graphics libraries. I believe both OGL and DX are targetted at C++.

This prety much means you need some sort of typelib for some other language to hook into these libraries.

C++ gives you the thinest layer to these tools and also gives you full access to their data types.

I do mock-ups in VB, but there are certain parts not exposed through the typelib. Plus, I''m not big on directly modifying data bytes with VB, you have a lot of overhead to do simple bit operations. Which kills your speed.

Finally, modern C++ compilers make it real easy to hook in Asm. No matter how fast you get your code, you can always speed it up by going to the source. One of the big advantages to C++ is access to that generated code. I don''t know about Delphi, but VB goes straight from source to binary, no access to the asm code.

The flexibility and speed of C++ is just so much higher than anything else. That is why.

Now, if you just want to do pong. Delphi will be fine.. if you can find a typelib, otherwise you''re going to have to create one yourself... not a fun way to learn a library.

Dustin
Dustin
Delphi is great, I think it has the same speed as the Borland C/C++ compiler. It is also great combined with OpenGL. Delphi+OpenGL is a very popular combination so it should be a lot of pages.

Here at gamedev do you the turbo forum and pages that is for Borland users.
Thanks for Dustin_00 telling me why so many people using C/C++
really thx....^-^

ok...here is the last question I want to ask...
Which one is better..??
"Borland C++" or "MS Visual C++"
ok, i must say i code C/C++ with opengl, and i think it''s better than delphi (although i never coded in delphi) ...

BUT ...

if as you said you don''t have very much time to learn a new language, just stick to delphi for now, i''ve seen some OpenGL demos made with delphi, and they were very good, so don''t waste your time learning a new language for now ...

when you have some time, buy a good C/C++ book, and learn from the beginning (the good old printf("Hello World"); ), and don''t abandon delphi !!

knowing many different languages is a big advantage, so take your time to learn them well, don''t hurry ...

and some languages are better for some tasks than others ...

flure
there are some delphi sites with tutorials that make me wish I knew the language... here are a few I remember...

Jan's Delphi and OpenGL Programming Page

DelphiGL

Delphi3D

Edited by - lucid on March 21, 2001 5:19:24 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement