• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Looking for Turn Based strategy maker...

This topic is 4031 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm looking for a simple turn based strategy maker program, but google doesnt turn up much. I want a nice and easy one so I can work up a demo to show off gameplay, but I dont want to have to go about coding a whole engine to get a working demo of how the game will play. Once I can get a simple gameplay demo, I plan to use that to get people interested in the project.

Advertisement
What exactly do you mean by turn-based strategy? I think of hex-based wargames when you say that, but perhaps you mean something else.

I am currently making an ub3r turnbased strategy game using c++ and sdl. If anyone finds an engine for building such a project with sourcecode, I'd also be interrested in seeing it to compare my code to others.

Quote:
Original post by werekarg
not exactly makers. they do cover a lot of the turn-based games types made in 2D:

FIFE
XConq

I remember reviewing XCONQ's design/docs (for a friend) something like 15 years ago (maybe more) when it was being originally developed. (Was mostly switch type activation of canned behaviors at that time.)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement