x-64/x-86 Linker Error

Started by
8 comments, last by bballmitch 17 years, 3 months ago
When I compile my program, I get this linker error: libcpmt.lib(locale0.obj) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86' I have NO IDEA why, I don't remember doing anything involving a module machine type or target machine type. Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't even know if I want x64 or x86...if someone could please help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm using Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition in case you need to know. Thank you very much.
Mitchen Games
Advertisement
Sounds like you are tying to compile a 64bit version of your app without having a 64bit CPU. There is a option in the project settings for it. :)
I can't find it. Can you specify where?
Mitchen Games
Quote:Original post by DanielH
Sounds like you are tying to compile a 64bit version of your app without having a 64bit CPU. There is a option in the project settings for it. :)

I still can't find that option...if someone could just help me out really quick, that would be great b/c I have to finish this program in the next couple of days and I can't compile anything with this linker error.
Mitchen Games
Go to Project->Properties. Then click the Configuration Properties->Linker->Advanced tab on the left. The field Target Machine should be MachineX86 and not MachineX64.

Hope that was it :)
I just tried that, and I get the same linker error:

libcpmt.lib(locale0.obj) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'

Any other ideas?
Mitchen Games
I just noticed that the error is coming from a compiler library file. Did you just install/re-install VS?
I just installed Visual Basic 2005 Express and Visual C# 2005 Express. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. If it does, then what do I do about it?
Mitchen Games
theres probally another way but the most straight forward way to fix it if it is because of that is to uninstall and reinstall VS.
I reinstalled Visual Studio 2005 and then compiled my program...it still gives me the same error:

libcpmt.lib(locale0.obj) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'
Mitchen Games

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement