MFC cant do this?

Started by
4 comments, last by Pseudo 23 years ago
I''m using MFC to make an app and I would like to let the user select a directory. How can I do this? I would have liked to use a common dialog box, but I can only get it to let you choose a file.
Advertisement
SHBrowseForFolder()
Do you know how to make it start somewhere down the namespace?
I know you can set a root, but I want the root to stay ''My Computer'', but have the browser expanded to the last place they picked a directory from.

I saw with my own eyes a M$ app do just that - funny it''s not documented... (AFAICT).
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
I'm not sure if this will work, but possibly a initialization event will be sent to the callback function you could have specified (the lpfn member of the BROWSEINFO structure), and you'll be able to change the current directory from there. I haven't tried this though.

"Finger to spiritual emptiness underlying everything." -- How a C manual referred to a "pointer to void." --Things People Said
Resist Windows XP's Invasive Production Activation Technology!
http://www.gdarchive.net/druidgames/

Edited by - Null and Void on March 21, 2001 5:51:06 PM
FordPrefect: Shouldn''t you have ''Somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse'' in your From field?
For tons of different implementations of directory selecting and pretty much anything else you are looking for with MFC

www.codeproject.com
www.codeguru.com

-kirk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement