• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D3D8 & Fog, my problem...

This topic is 6269 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi All First say that i am a Spanish boy and my English control is bad, sorry for all faults My Question:.... I''m a newbie programmer of D3D 8.0 API, i''m trying to use Fog with it.... the fog i want is the fog of the games displayed at the end of the view distance, to difumine the object draw.... I''m not sure to use Vertex or Pixel Fog and i test all two types and the Fog is over all objects... have someone any tutorial or can someone tell me how can i use the Fog?? Very thanks to all, and sorry for my english use for now )

Advertisement
OK, I don''t know if I understand your question, becauese of you english.

If your question was about how to use the fog in Direct 3D, I am sorry, I don''t actualy know, I would read the SDK, prehaps that may help.

If your question is about which type of fog is which, well per-pixel is just that, for every pixel on the screen, it is given an ammount of fog.. per-vertex is also just that, each vertex has a color, and the furthur the vertex from the viewer, the more of the fog colour is applied to the vertex.

I do hope I have helped.

ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Visit Tiberia: it''s bigger, it''s badder, it''s pouyer...

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!