Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tanarian

how do i load directx8 with visual c++6.0

First, make sure you have the directx8 SDK installed. Then start a new project in VC++ 6.0 (I have VC++ 5.0 so if the menus aren''t exactly the same sorry). Anyway, click the project menu item then click on settings (shortcut Alt+F7). Then click on the Link tab. In the box at the bottom there is a list of libaries that will be linked to your program. Add these libraries: d3dx8dt.lib d3d8.lib d3dxof.lib dxguid.lib dinput8.lib dsound.lib dxerr8.lib to link all the basic directx stuff in (graphics, sound, input, extended graphics library, etc.). Now press Ok to exit the project settings window. Now click the menu item Tools, then click Options. Then click on the Directories tab. On the pull down menu that says Show Directories for, click Include files. Then add "c:\mssdk\include\" to the list (where c:\mssdk\ is the path where you installed direct8 sdk). then pull down the directories menu again and click on Library files. Add "c:\mssdk\lib\" to this list.
Then the files you need to include in your program are:
d3d8.h for graphics stuff (basic graphics stuff)
d3dx8.h for extended graphics stuff (very useful extras like meshes and taking care of matrix math)
dinput.h for directinput
dsound.h for directsound

Anyway, this sounds like a lot of crap to do but luckily you don''t have to redo it for every project you make. If you still can''t get it to work feel free to email me: Stevante@yahoo.com