So it's raining and I be bored

Started by
6 comments, last by nothing void 17 years, 3 months ago
I have been 'out of the loop' for a little while, and I've decided its time to get back into gaming.. What are you all playing at the moment that you can recommend? I like RPGs, but for the most part MMORPGs bore me to death. Deep character development is a must. online or offline, not bothered. I like strategy games (starcraft was my fav) - but only if they can be played online. Also like team-strategy stuff, eg. fallout:tactics I only like FPS's if they are online and have enough strategic elements to make them fun (are there any FPSRPGs yet? I remember there was a bit of talk about em a while ago) So any help from my boredom? :) -gav
Existence is futile.
Advertisement
I've been playing the beta of Supreme Commander. It's been pretty fun so far, although the beta has some issues. Hopefully they'll be ironed out in the last month. Arrives on store shelves on Feburary 20th...might be one to keep your eye on :).
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142 are pretty good as far as strategic FPS games with mild character advancement (read: grind)to them.

Joint Task Force looked okay, but I didn't like the demo much. It might be worth a look if you're into RTS games.

I play EvE Online, which is almost impossible for people to enjoy. I've been at it almost a year, and I'm still a noob. The learning curve on that bastard is intense, and you'll never be able to compete with the elite without far superior numbers. That said, it's a great 4X game if you play with the right bunch of folks. I'm in eXceed Inc. now, and they're a solid crew. Lots of teamwork and opportunity, and the money flows like water. My other character's in a startup corp that struggles to make ends meet, which is rewarding in its own way. It's not really an RPG, and it lacks character development of any kind, but as a strategy and building game, it's got a lot to recommend it.
hey yeah I played eve (twice. . a year ago and then a coupla months ago)

But i didnt like it...

The concept of freedom is great, but it seems a little sparse in terms of gameplay
Existence is futile.
I've played through Twilight Princess, which was quite excellent in surprising ways. I thought it would be good, but certain things about it were very well executed. In particular, there's a side story involving a young boy who risks his life to save someone else's, and nearly dies doing so. That was impressive. Then there is everything about the giant moblin who fights you on numerous occasions, right down to his final, humbling appearance. Then there are the bosses, some of which are simply epic. Then there are the various romantic interests in the game, which are actually fairly provoking.

Great game.
only problem is my lack of wii...
Existence is futile.
Quote:Original post by nothing void
only problem is my lack of wii...
Eh, I played it on Gamecube. No reason to play it on Wii, apparently. Of course, if you don't have that either...
the only console I have is a playstation one. . original grey box...

if i had anything newer I'd be playing it right now!
Existence is futile.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement