Question about Mappy

Started by
0 comments, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 4 months ago
Does anyone know if you can place enemy or object sprites onto maps when you are editing them in mappy? If so how do you load the level into the game in a way that allows you to manipulate them? And if not what is the best and easiest way for me to place and track all of the power-ups and monsters in each of my 10 or so tile-based levels?
Advertisement
You can place an object like a power up on a seperate ONIONSKIN layer with in mappy. The controls of the power up have to be modified in the RANGE EDIT BLOCK information. Which you can access in your program to control movement. If that's not clear enough I'd go look for some sample games made with mappy that have maps you can load & look at. And also read the help file its quite helpful.

Oh BTW: Here is a link that will take you to the MAPPY TUTORIAL. http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/7336/mpytut1.zip It should show you how to do what you want with mappy. Good Luck

[This message has been edited by evaclear (edited December 24, 1999).]

Joseph FernaldSoftware EngineerRed Storm Entertainment.------------------------The opinions expressed are that of the person postingand not that of Red Storm Entertainment.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement