• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Lode

AfxLoadLibrary and mfc80u.dll & co

This topic is 4136 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have the following problem, with a C++ project in Visual Studio 2005: In a program somewhere is used "AfxLoadLibrary", where a certain plugin.dll is loaded (it's in a Plugins folder). But it doesn't work, the error is something like "invalid reference addressed" or so. That .dll is also compiled in the project. I check this .dll with dependencywalker, and this says that the .dll doesn't find mfc80u.dll, msvcr80.dll and msvcp80.dll (or similar names, I have trouble remembering them). These .dlls are spread everywhere on my system so I find it very weird that it doesn't find it. It even doesn't find them if I put these "80"-dlls in the same folder as the plugin dll. So I think the solution is to make the plugin.dll so that it finds all its dependencies, that is mfc80u.dll, msvcr80.dll and msvcp80.dll. But I don't really know how to solve this. Why is this dll, compiled with VS 2005, dependent on these "80"-dlls? Can it be turned off to not be dependent on it? Why does this dll not find those "80"-dlls if I check with a dependency walker, while the main project can find them? Can I see where it expects those dll's to be? After all it doesn't find them if I put them in its own folder, and not if I put them in the system32 folder of windows, so I guess it must be searching somewhere else, but where? So to use a dll, that is in a plugins folder, of a program made with VS 2005, how can you use "AfxLoadLibrary" in such a way that it works, and how to make this plugin dll so that it finds all its dependencies?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!