*HELP OUT A HS CLASS*

Started by
1 comment, last by Milleniumas 17 years, 2 months ago
We are creating the game "Stranded" in our Game Programming class right now. We are the first in the county to have this class so we are going through a lot of trouble with different errors. Right now we are having trouble with the engine.h file and it's giving us a fatal error at the bottom. The only major error we have occured so far. So I thought I'd come here to try and help the class out so we can fix this. PLEASE help us if you know what is wrong, we have 18 weeks to make this game!!! :D Thanks (If those tags don't work, just copy the URL into your web browser) (Edit: as stated in the FAQ, image and links are created using HTML tags on this forum, not bbcode) [Edited by - Emmanuel Deloget on January 25, 2007 12:50:15 PM]
Advertisement
I dont know how the error message can be any more clear about what the problem is. The compiler cannot find the file engine.h which is located in the strandEngine directory.

This can be caused by a couple of problems
1. There is no strandEngine directory in the project directory
2. There is no engine.h file in the strandEngine directory

If strandEngine is in a different location on your hard drive you will need to add the location to your include directory. Go to the project properties and under Configuration Properties/C++/General add the folder location to Addition Include Directories.
"Pfft, Facts! Facts can be used to prove anything!" -- Homer J. Simpson
Maybe you should ask Allen Sherrod about this problem in the http://ultimategameprogramming.com/phpBB1/ . As I see this is his created engine.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement