Chiptune, do ya dig? (composition)

Started by
6 comments, last by Rain 7 17 years, 2 months ago
Chiptune Alert...Here goes: Jooleem I realize that it isn't for everybody but I take a tremendous amount of pleasure checking out music from the NES era, or chiptunes as they are called and often underevaluated. There is so much substance within that grouping fo music, in so many different forms (especially in some of the old Megaman and Capcom games). I originally wrote the piece for a puzzle demo which is getting a lot of downloads at the moment. The piece is under Creative Commons so if anyone wants to use the track for their projects, more power to you! Please be sure to let me know what its for. Any suggestions or comments? Peace, Ryan EDIT: OOPS! Heres the actual song. The link works now. [Edited by - Rain 7 on January 26, 2007 12:38:40 AM]
Advertisement
I like it. But doesn't sound very chippy, no?

EDIT: lol, I now realize tis word has already a meaning and it's a good thing this doesn't sound "chippy" :-D

ok, let's say, the tune does not sound very chip-like
Thats alright. At least you didn't say it sounded like wood chips. (Then either you or I would really be in some serious trouble.) Thanks for listening!
I like it. The early part reminds me a lot of the Empire music in Final Fantasy 3 (or 6, if you prefer). Good work : )
"Game Programming" in an of itself does not exist. We learn to program and then use that knowledge to make games.
Quote:Original post by Instruo
I like it. The early part reminds me a lot of the Empire music in Final Fantasy 3 (or 6, if you prefer). Good work : )

Thank you! though I admit that in being a bit of a blunder head, I posted the wrong song in my initial post. (Gawd) DUMB!
Anyways, the new link is up. :)
Ok, THIS is chip music, yes definately dig that!
Very, very nice! :-)
Quote:Original post by UnshavenBastard
Ok, THIS is chip music, yes definately dig that!
Very, very nice! :-)
Thank you! I definitely took some of my compositional cues from the score of Megaman 2 for the NES, which is one of my favorite scores of all time. This piece was a blast to make. :) I am glad you are digging the vibe!

Allow me to keep the chips... stumbling! This is a bit of an older piece utilizing more recent mixing techniques.

Chiptune 2

The compositional tone of this piece is a bit harsher than the last submission but it still has a groove. Not sure if its done yet, but this is what I have so far. :)

Note: I compressed the living shit out of this piece!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement