DirectX 10 and SLI

Started by
0 comments, last by jollyjeffers 17 years, 2 months ago
It's been a loooooong time since I last posted here. Amazing how so much has changed in the past 5 years. Ya'll probably known earlier than I did that Vista + DirectX 10 is coming out next week. Has anybody been playing with the SDK in Vista RC2? I already heard of the new features of DirectX, but there are only 2 cards on the market right now that support it. Has anybody been curious and tried SLI w/ the 8800 cards in DirectX 10 vs DirectX 9? I'm wondering if SLI is fully supported by DX10.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by WooTzu
It's been a loooooong time since I last posted here. Amazing how so much has changed in the past 5 years.
Welcome back!

Ya'll probably known earlier than I did that Vista + DirectX 10 is coming out next week.
Been out for a lot longer than that if you were on the beta program and/or an MSDN subscriber [wink]

Has anybody been playing with the SDK in Vista RC2?
There seem to be some people playing around with D3D10 these days. I've personally been using it in some form or another for over a year now - Been using the final version since the December '06 SDK was released.

I already heard of the new features of DirectX, but there are only 2 cards on the market right now that support it.
Well its only really one card - the GTS and GTX cards are just two variants on the 8800 chipset. Don't think AMD's R600 has been officially announced yet?

Has anybody been curious and tried SLI w/ the 8800 cards
Last I checked there was no SLI support in the somewhat rubbish drivers we have available.

in DirectX 10 vs DirectX 9?
Drivers are still a sore spot - Nvidia are holding out on a public release of D3D10 capable drivers such that there are NO comparisons of 10 versus 9...

I'm wondering if SLI is fully supported by DX10.
I don't see why there should be any problem; given the DXGI/WDDM backing its quite possible that SLI will be better under Vista - the virtualization of the GPU might well help out. Purely speculation though...

Cheers,
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement