• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

confused about something

This topic is 4133 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i am not sure if it goes here or not, if not then please move it to the right spot in the first Nehe tutorial is says to open a win32 application project and not a console one but the templates that i see are win32 are the win32 form application and win32 console application. so which one does it mean? i am using microsoft visual C++ by the way if it matters and how do i link resources to my project or can i add header files to the header list [Edited by - cloned on January 26, 2007 1:05:15 AM]

Advertisement
It means you are using express version of Visual C++ which doesn't come with win32 app template.
You need to do a google search of visual studio c++ and win32 application template.
Or try doing a search on these forums since this question is asked about once per week maybe it's even on the f.a.q. page?
actually the steps are right there on express download pages
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!