The flood of MMO threads

Started by
21 comments, last by OrangyTang 17 years, 2 months ago
The issue, at its core, has nothing to do with MMOs. The issue is with new game developers who have little to no concept of the magnitude of the projects they propose.

The birthplace of such posts lies in the inevitable gap between discovering the dream to make games and acquiring the knowledge to do so. Tempering passion with patience is a skill many never master and the result, understandably, grates on those who have been down that road.

It's basically our responsibility, as more experienced developers, to change how we react to posts. Doing so not only prevents us from discouraging new game developers but is also more representative of the knowledge and willingness to share that knowledge that most people here have.
Advertisement
Quote:Besides, the isometric forum is really tile based and other general 2d topics, including isometric. Personally I'd like it to be renamed '2D Graphics' and the current graphics forum becomes '3D Graphics'.

I like the idea of changing the name of "Isometric" since not all 2D games are in that view (we don't have an "FPS" forum...), but I don't know if I like 3D Graphics... I've thought "General Graphics" or "Advanced Graphics" but both of them don't really fit what that forum is.

[Edited by - JBourrie on May 26, 2007 11:30:27 PM]

Check out my new game Smash and Dash at:

http://www.smashanddashgame.com/

Quote:Original post by JBourrie
Quote:Besides, the isometric forum is really tile based and other general 2d topics, including isometric. Personally I'd like it to be renamed '2D Graphics' and the current graphics forum becomes '3D Graphics'.

I like the idea of changing the name of "Isometric" since not all 2D games are in that view (we don't have an "FPS" forum...), but I don't know if I like 3D Graphics... I've thought "General Graphics" or "Advanced Graphics" but both of them don't really fit what that forum is.

Aye, "3D Graphics" doesn't fit too well. Either way I think it'd be nice to have a place for 2d graphics, otherwise they get lost in the other forums.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement