• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
xaviergxf

Creating components in Visual C++

This topic is 4281 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone, I´m trying to create a component in visual c++, for utilize my class with my functions. I would like that nobody could see the functions of this component. Did someone know how can i do that? Thanks

Advertisement
I can see that you're not a native speaker, but could you try to rephrase the question? It's not very clear what you're trying to do.

Are you talking about a GUI component? What do you mean by "using your class with your functions"?

Are you trying to hide the member functions of your class (private member functions?) or are you talking about hiding your sourcode? In this case you would probably distribute it in compiled form (.dll).

perhaps a static library is what you'll need. Take a look at this. Here its explained what it is and how to make one. Hope this helps ;)

Wildfire,

Yes i´m talking about hiding my source code. I have read xissburg article, and i think i will create a dll.

Thanks

No, it will not create dlls. It will just create a .lib file and the contents of the library will stay inside the executable after compilation, meaning a greater file size. If you want a dll, take a look at this instead.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!